Krell Reliability?

I have heard a lot about many problems encountered with any Krell equipment.
Even their kps 25sc pre/CD Player and cx series arrived already badly built from its box.

Any comments?
128x128tomer_tsin
a coworker of mine has a ton of krell gear & he simply raves about the gear itself & the service dept.

i personally dont own krell gear but i like what i see & hear when i demo it at my local dealer, i cant see krell being shoddy gear at all.

mike.
I have an all Krell system made up of two FPB 600c stereo amplifiers, a 28c CD player, KCT preamp, KPE phono preamp and CAST cabling. All have worked flawlessly for two years except the CD player. A couple of days after purchasing the 28c, the player wouldn't power up. I called Krell's sales and service departments and they Fed Exed a brand new one to me the following day. Great customer service!
I have owned a KSA 150 and a Krc II preamp in the past for many years without any problems.
I currently own KRC-HR pre-amp and a 400cx amp both function as well today as they did when new!!!
Built to last.

Good luck
I can't say I'm the biggest fan of the Krell sound (though I certainly hear why people like it) but I do have to say I've not heard of Krell having any sustained reliability issues.

Just to take Telemoli's experience, most likely a component failed--hardly something to blame the manufacturer for. And I've heard only good things about their service, as T's post demonstrates.

Bob
I have Krell 300i for 5 years driving ML SL3 and nothing required Krell to fix. I will say their build quality is above norm. As for you problems, your local dealer should take care of the problem themshelves, unless you purchased the Krell through internet. In general, purchase expensive item as Krell via internet or mail order would be fine until problem like this happens. It adds the stress factor by 10 folds which something we need to consider.