Inexpensive turntable to play old records

I am looking for an inexpensive turntable to play old records that are not in the best shape but very important to me. I have a lot invested in my vinyl rig and I am about 80% vinyl system. Running a VPI Prime 21 - Hana Umami Blue combo into a Manley Chinook. My dad passed in early January and I found all his old Elvis records when cleaning at my mom's house. He loved his Elvis records and they traveled with him while he was in the military in Germany and Korea, so they are not in the best shape and I would not feel safe running them on the Umami Blue. I cleaned them up and put them in sleeves to preserve them. For me, it would just be cool to hear the same records my dad loved and traveled with him in the the army. Was thinking of an inexpensive table with a phono pre that I can just plug into my Primaluna Integrated and not have to disconnect my VPI from the Chinook. I mean this is really only something I might plug in a couple times a years for sentimental reasons. Would like to keep it under 250-300. Any thoughts?

128x128jmphotography

Why not just play them on your main system?  You are not going to damage the cartridge, if you have properly cleaned the LPs, even if they are scratchy due to excessive wear.

This should fit the bill.  And it’s only 150 bucks!

AT-LP60X

Whether you’re just getting into records, rediscovering a record collection long since buried away or simply adding a turntable to complete your system, the AT-LP60X fully automatic belt-drive turntable is an excellent choice. This affordable, easy-to-use turntable plays both 33-1/3 and 45 RPM records and, with its built-in switchable phono preamp, can be connected directly to your home stereo, powered speakers, computer and other components, whether they have a dedicated phono input or not.

AT-LP60X

OP

I always recommend an Audio-Technica AT-LP120XUSB (several variations) as being a darn good starter TT. Direct Drive. Removable Headshell.

It has optional Phono EQ (I liked it better than my McIntosh C28’s phono).

It now comes with

AT-VM95E MM phono cartridge

which has 6 interchangeable stylus. One advantage is replacing the stylus, the MM cartridge body remains factory aligned

Another advantage of removable headshells: allows alternate headshell(s) for MONO Cartridge; others you may own.

lewm

I was selling LPs, giving farewell listens. I realized I was putting unneccesary wear on my good stylus.

I started playing with a MM with replaceable stylus, Shure 97xe, my favorite elliptical.

Always used ones for sale

I've played noisy lps with my Sussurro after US cleaning. The cartridge still sounds great with around 5k hours in it