In case you haven't seen the new Maggie?

Using Google Search type in "Magnepan Mystery Speaker" and read the article (with photos) from AVGuide.com. This is an amazing product but will it render the previous Maggies obsolete?
puerto
This is what I found interesting. I was in the front row and saw the clip indicators on the Bryston 28B 1000 wpc monoblocks light up. I used to have Bryston 7B St monoblocks on B&W 801's and never clipped them. The 28B's have an enourmous amount of power. I really don't see anyone driving them with 28's.

Maybe good candidates for Class D amps? Though those didn't work well with my friend's 20.1's. The other thing to note in considering this very relevant observation was that the demonstration was in a pretty large room with high ceilings and wall-to-wall carpet, and the music was being played at fairly realistic levels (at least in our session). They may do a bit better in a more moderately sized and lively room. Good point.
mrjstark: Thanks for the photos - They must be a remarkable piece of engineering. Their biggest attribute may end up being a high WAF. Jax2 is right, WAF is, indeed, at the bottom of the WAF scale for the 20.ls. I had to enlarge the room and pay big bucks for a remodelled kitchen. Back to the point, I still think that the mini's would make good surround speakers for planar lovers.
Depends on the wife, re: 20.1's. Just had a pair delivered last week and wife thinks they look great! Course, the furniture in the room is cherry with (mostly) black leather and the 20.1's are in cherry (pretty close match) and black. I think I have a keeper! (Both wife and speaker:).
I had to wonder myself if so much power was necessary. I drive my 20.ls with Krell fpb 350's and it seems OK, although I would love to move up to 650's or 750's. 1000W seems excessive to me. I tend to agree with Tigerwoodkhorns, it is unlikely that most listeners would employ such massive power to drive them. If that is a requirement then no matter how Magnepan prices them it will be too much for many to afford.
You're welcome.

P.S
I'm seriously considering these for my bedroom or living room.
High WAF is no question with these small flat panels. ;)
As for the surrounds.........awesome recommendation.

Mariusz