I want to replace the router/modem Comcast with a high quality for streaming

I wish to purchase a modem/ router for streaming high quality audio. Any suggestions? It must be compatible with Comcast/Xfinity

nyonalake

Mesh network like EERO should integrate with your existing router. Unless you’re determined to run wires thru walls. 

After spending years with my own router / modem… the most recent, the $500 versions… and constantly having trouble with them basically caused by Verizon, I finally gave in and had them install a Verizon router. I have good quality Aurrender streamers and none of the three or four different routers, including the Verizon made any difference of sound quality. At all. However, Verizon can no longer point to my modem / router and say, “it is your problem. I can’t trouble shoot your router”.

I recommend sticking with Verizon’s box and upgrading your streamer if you want better sound. 

I have an outstanding main system and headphone system (see my profile)… that sounds like it is hardwired… but is using wall wart extenders.

I have an outstanding main system and headphone system (see my profile)… that sounds like it is hardwired… but is using wall wart extenders.

That's a very rare recommendation in favor of AC-line extenders.  

@ghdprentice I feel your pain with Verizon. Absolutely terrible customer service. I spent hours on the phone with them trying figure out why my gigabit internet sucked. Their routers are just as bad as their customer service. I ended up switching and adding EERO. no issues and awesome coverage throughout the house. Solid and stable. 

Internet service certainly varies and customer services is a thing of the past. That being said, my G3100 Modem delivers over 800 mps with my Verizon gigabit service.  I run it with a good linear power supply and have no wall warts in my computer audio circuit.

But to clean up the signal for very good audio. I now have the GTT Group Switch X.  Like several others, it is a good audiophile ethernet switch that cleans up the signal.  But the Switch X goes beyond this creating a clean network in your home, that only serves audio.  It works very well, and delivers, to me. a sound superior than any other switch alone I have owned or tried.

After inserting the Switch X between my Verizon modem and my audio feed, the soundstage and imaging greatly improve. I am hearing things well outside my speakers.  The image is super focused, and the sound more holographic.  Bass is better.  It is the real deal.  There is a ton of network noise in your home,  Your phones, laptops, tvs, smart appliances security etc all constantly ping the network.  Getting your audio feed clean from this is what the Switch X does.

Taiko does a similar thing with their Modem and their switch, and recommends them in front of their Extreme server.  Chris' (GTT) Switch X is a bargain.