I Have 100K for Speakers?

I saw a post today that caught my eye. New to the hobby and is looking t0 spend 50-100k for speakers. At that point is how far are we into "return on investment". There has to be a point where the $$ spent has no relation to the sound you get. I'm just questioning the point as to when does this get kind of silly..No?
zigonht
I think your musical taste plays a big factor to the ROI.

Most budget of high $ speakers goes to improving the Bass and SPL performance. so if your favourite music doesn't contain lots of Bass and you don't need it loud (how big is your room?), then the ROI goes down the pipe very quickly.
hey, it's people like this who later sell their mint, not very used equipment for hefty discounts - it's part of the high end 'trickle down' economy.
I don't think there is anything wrong with spending 100K on speakers if you have the money and you get 100k sound - even in terms of diminishing returns; I just don't think you need to spend that to get the best sound available with variations for personal taste - if 30K in today's market can't do it for you in terms of sound quality, your not going to find better sound spending more IMHO.
Funny thing is most of us would have 6-7k of cd's if we could. Or lp's. That's in the ballpark of 100k. Not to mention past cassette tapes, 8 tracks, reel to reel. Kinda helps justify expensive gear doesn't it. There must be a reasonable ratio of software to hardware that makes sense.