Hsu has custom high pass filters

I've been constantly recommending the use of a high pass filter, along with plugging main speakers when ported, as the best way to integrate subs to main speakers but never  really thought about it much besides using a single series cap.

Today I stumbled across this nifty and cost effective product while considering some new subs.  The advantage of the active high pass is you get 12 db/octave instead of just 6 db/octave.  This can help remove existing, bad speaker/room interactions and improve the ability of a sub with EQ to work.

Hsu will custom make a high pass filter with 2 crossover points.  For instance, you could do 40Hz and 80 Hz.

erik_squires

Thanks for sharing. 

If someone wants a 24db slope without a silly price Sublime acoustics looks like a good option.

Yep, I`ve thought about getting that HSU crossover. I have two HSU 15" subs and maybe that crossover would work well for my Revel F52`s.

I do use the 'Contour' setting on on the back of the Revels and it sounds pretty ok.

@zlone

Here ya go!!

Congratulations! You have purchased the high pass filter that would help keep the deeper bass out of your main speakers. In order to get optimum performance from your new purchase, please read this easy-to�follow instruction manual for the high pass filter and the manual for the subwoofer before trying out the subwoofer. It can save you a lot of time and possible unjustified disappointment. A/C Connection Connect the power cord from the wall adaptor to the high pass filter and the wall adaptor to an AC outlet. You can leave the high pass filter permanently powered. If you need to unplug it, unplug it after the main amp has been turned off. Connecting to Your System The high pass filter is for use with our subwoofers that does not have a high pass filter. For example, if you have the VTF or STF-3 subwoofers, or the TN1220HO with the 250W amp, this is what you need to keep the deep bass out of your main speakers. It is not suitable for use with the STF-1 or STF-2 both of which has only a single line level input. The high pass filter goes between your preamp and your main amplifier. Connect from the left and right outputs of your preamp to the inputs of the high pass filter and from the high pass filter to your main amplifier. Connect from the second set of preamp outputs to the subwoofer amp. If your preamp has only a single set of preamp outputs, use Y connectors to get two sets of preamp outputs. Get single male and two female Y connectors and plug the male ends into the preamp outputs. That gives two sets of female preamp outputs. Functions of Controls EQ Switch – EQ1 position gives you the first high pass filter frequency. We usually set that for the lower of the two chosen frequencies. EQ2 position is for the higher crossover frequency you have chosen. For example, if you have chosen 60 and 80 Hz high pass filter frequencies, EQ1 will be 60 Hz, EQ2 will be 80 Hz. Stereo/Mono Switch – Leave this in the stereo position. Subwoofer Level Control – When used as a high pass filter, this adjusts the gain of the main speakers. Set the level control to about 1 o’clock position for unity gain.