How do I bypass KMixer in Windows XP

Guys;

I have searched the threads and still have been unable to determine how I can set up my external USB Dac to receive a USB feed out of Windows XP WITHOUT the signal passing thru KMixer.

I'm struggling to figure out if there's a fairly easy way to do this, or if a move to Vista- or a MAC- is the way to proceed.

Your direction is appreciated!
danlib1
Ok, well I finally got this to work and, more importantly, I think I understand how it works. For some reason, I had to reboot several times before foobar worked.

Since the solution disables the sound controller in windows, making all features (including recording and windows sounds) unavailable except for playback, this is overkill for me. I am sticking with ASIO. I can detect no audible difference between using ASIO and by disabling the sound controller in windows when using foobar, and I can still use the other features of my soundcard.
Basis the "What's This" explanation of the choices under Audio device driver:

Option 1: "Do not use audio features on this device" :
Prevents your programs from using this device driver. The driver remains on your disk, but it is no longer loaded into memory when you start your computer.

Option 2: "Do not map through this device"
Prevents your programs from using this device driver. Unless one of your programs specifically requests it, this device will not be used".

My interpretation (and I do not play a microsoft vista design engineer in real life or on TV):
Selecting 1 renders the device generically unavailable. However by selecting 2 as well a program can force mounting of the driver.