Hot off the press: Yggdrasil review

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/670-schiit-audio-yggdrasil-multibit-dac-review/
jburidan
This is only my assumption, so please Correct me if I'm wrong (I probably am).
I personally take what Chris Conneker says with a grain of salt. I'm not doubting he's a music lover, but my instincts tell me that he is a computer geek first and an audio enthusiast second. He is tech guy who started a site because he noticed that we were in the Golden Age of digital audio and dacs and computer storage of music were the next big thing.
Just my opinion,
Not saying that he can't tell the difference between a good dac and a great dac. Just saying that he may not have the golden ears that people think he has. Also like someone mentioned earlier, everyone hears differently so.....
Re my audition of the PSA DS. I ran it non-stop for two and a half weeks, feeding it music 24/7. The things about it that I didn't like did not change at all over those two weeks. I understand how DACs are sensitive to break-in, but I frankly found the DS to be unlistenable.

The highs did have a bit better detail than my PDS PWD-II, but the midrange and bass sounded like the music was coming through a fog. The bass on the DS was also not well articulated. The DAC actually gave a sense of pressure in my ears (I know of at least one other customer that had the same experience). I suspect that this is the noise shaping that pushes noise into the ultrasonic range. My amps and speakers extend to 100k, if that matters.

BTW, the latest version of the Yale software had been installed. On return of the DAC, PSA checked it out and said that the DAC was working perfectly.

In my system, the Yggy easily sounds better than the PSA DS or the PWD-II. The Yggy's handling of transients and the sense of instrumental timbre is something special.
Kernelbob, thanks for sharing your impressions. I definitely would not buy the PSA DS based on many credible reports. It may be designed for bright systems?
@Grannyring, I don't look at someone's activity level on a forum and use that as an indicator of their intelligence or experience, but YMMV. And I welcome dissenting experience - I simply prefer that it be of the firsthand variety, but again that's just me.

As for assuming that people will not run the unit 24/7, in fact Schiit has emphasized that the unit should not be powered off. It should be run 24/7 - once powered on for the first time, it should be left on. That's directly from Schiit.