Holst The Planets

There’s a remarkable sounding 2015 180g DMM audiophile remastered recording that has seemingly flown under the radar is Karajan’s (I believe 1961) version of The Planets with the Vienna Philharmonic. It’s on a label called Vinyl Passion (with a green!! disc.)
von Karajan’s interpretation is certainly among the best and this record does it full justice. To me it compares favorably with the formidable Solti Original Masters recording, and Boult’s excellent EMI release. Highly recommended.

128x128rvpiano

Got one on DG 1961 original pulled from the GoodWill bin in virgin mint shape for just a buck years ago

Will have to look into that one.  In January I had the pleasure of hearing the Rochester Philharmonic play The Planets, joined by a local women's choir that my daughter was in, so it was a memorable night for us.     

I got a DSD download of the Karajan/VPO Planets from High Definition Tape Transfer.  I still prefer the Solti/LPO version 

Just got my copy through Ebay - had to pay a little bit more ($33 incl shipping), but totally worth it.  Thanks for the heads-up.