Had anyone listened to Ken Fritz's system in person?

https://www.stereophile.com/content/what-price-perfection
Another article on Ken Fritz.

I know there are some contoversy about his relation with family.

But I am really curious how it sounded.

Are there anyone who had listened to Ken Fritz’s system in person?

If so what was your impression?

I am sorry that somebody could not have taken over his whole system including the ranch if it sounded very nice.

Thomas

128x128shkong78

I am pretty sure that the video I am remembering was by Ken F.  In the video he goes through a bunch of his equipment, its inspiration, creation and performance.  At the end of the video he smiles, and relates how at the end of a recent session playing his system for friends, that his quests make him blush with compliments.  Then he mentions to them that the last few songs were being played over his $800 HSU CCB-8 speakers.  Love that sense of humor.

@toro3 

By the time his son posted  auction, the ranch had been sold.

It is meaningless to get his system without the ranch.

Thanks jetter for this interesting humorous  anecdote...

I just read about the Hsu  which are in my budget range ... Interesting ...😊

Then he mentions to them that the last few songs were being played over his $800 HSU CCB-8 speakers.  Love that sense of humor.

It would have been an interesting event, but I'm reluctant to travel great distances to listen to a strangers' audio gear, since you never know what sort of 'phile they might be....

....If you didn't praise affluently over a cart VTR setting.....concerns over finding oneself hanging over a bucket in the basement, " since 'psuedo-philes' are only good for fertilizing the roses....."

O, 'ell...I've just described most of us....🤦‍♂️

Well, so much for invites.....

I recall reading that the speakers auctioned for a bit over USD $10K. No missing zero(s) in that value. Picked up via a Uhaul truck, IIRC?

No recollection of the other stuff’s value(s).

Happens to all sorts of collections that aren’t properly indexed/slated for liquidation ahead of an owner’s untimely end. In cases where a collection is tied to a residential home, I just cannot imagine it going well most times.