First System- need advice

Trying to put together my first system on limited budget $2000-$2500 U.S . I am a minimalist/purist . I would like to build system around a CREEK 4330 Integrated Amp and possibly a pair of TOTEM "ARRO" speakers (http://www.totemacoustic.com) I need suggestions for a CD player and Tuner. Also would appreciate any alternative suggestions for complete sytems in the $2000-$2500 range. Thanks
danincanada
I agree with the above recommendation that you listen to the Linn Majik, Tukans and Karik cd player. While this combo is a little over your budget, you might be able to buy some of the equipment used. In any case, it sounds very good.
Here is a very unconventional suggestion: Paradigm Active/20 speakers ($1600). An excellent small speaker with very powerful (135W bass + 50W treble) power amps and active crossovers built-in. Add a decent cd-player and a cheap QED volume pot (if the player has no variable volume) and you are in business. CDs to look for are from Marantz, Rotel, Pioneer in the $500 - $800 bracket. Later you can budget for a proper preamplifier and the rest of your sources and add a Paradigm Servo 15 subwoofer.
If you don't mind used equipment I would recommend Spica Angelus, Vandersteen 1c, Epos 12, Thiel 1.2 or SM?? maggies($500-700). An Exposure XX Line level amp ($600). The rest on a CD player maybe a Meridian 508.20. You can also find used Conrad Johnson tube gear at good used prices.