Ethernet Cables, do they make a difference?

I stream music via TIDAL and the only cable in my system that is not an "Audiophile" cable is the one going from my Gateway to my PC, it is a CAT6 cable. Question is, do "Audiophile" Ethernet cables make any difference/ improvement in sound quality?

Any and all feedback is most appreciated, especially if you noted improvements in your streaming audio SQ with a High-End Ethernet cable.

Thanks!
grm
grm
markalarsen
@geoffkait. You are not interested in an explanation.

geoffkait
Uh, what are you talking about?

markalarsen
John Stronczer provided the explanation, and you prefer to ignore it.

>>>>>I didn’t ignore it. It doesn’t have anything to do with me. His explanation does not (rpt not) contradict anything I said. At least I don’t think so. Are you mistaking me for someone else?
👨‍🚀
gdhal
@geoffkait

Reminder.... you have yet to call jinjuku 📞

Caution.... he is wise to your witchcraft 💀

>>>>”A sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from witchcraft.” This is especially true when high school seniors are involved. 👨‍🎓

geoffkait - ”A sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from witchcraft.” 

Regarding the blind test to hear an audible difference when ordinary wire is reversed, you could bring along your witchcraft, voodoo and even perform a seance just prior to the test. It won't help you 🤣 🤑

Post removed 
Let’s try to focus for a second. There are many things that can go wrong with any audio test, even or perhaps especially blind tests. Failure to acknowledge that things can go wrong is an indication of the naive nature of blind test proponents. OK, so what can go wrong? Why do I say, “no test that has negative results means anything?”

Things that can go wrong

1. The system used for the test is not sufficiently resolving to distinguish differences that might be audible on a better system.

2. There are mistakes in the system that were not found even if there was a search for mistakes or errors. Saying that the test procedures are thorough doesn’t necessarily mean they really are thorough.

3. The hearing capability of the testee is not up to the task.

4. For a blind test involving many trials, say 10 or more, the odds are high that the testee doesn’t have the focus or strength to dinstinguish audible differences for periods of time without tiring. You can’t just say oh, well, that’s the way it goes.

5. System issues that go undetected due to naïveté of those involved in the test. Directionality of Fuses, directionality of cables, Polarity check of all connections, etc.

6. Using unfamiliar music for the test.

7. Using a test system unfamiliar to the testee.

8. Weather and other “external variables” that affect the sound of any system that could make hearing subtle differences in sound difficult or impossible.

What if results are positive?

If the results of a test are positive I would probably say the test was a success and the results were positive IN SPITE OF ALL THE THINGS THAT COULD HAVE GONE WRONG.