dumb question...I apologize

I am setting up a backup system in vacation home. I already have an amp (bryston 4bsst)and a line stage preamp. I want to incorporate my turntable to take advantage of my 3000+LPs....so....if I purchase a phono pre amp, can I feed it's output into the line stage, which I want to use for CD input and tuner input, or will the gain be too high, and it's output should go directly into the amp? Do I need to purchase another pre with a phono stage? (MM)

Home system, needs no help: McIntosh 402, ML 390 and 380s, REL Stadium III sub, Martin Logans, Magnum Dynalab, MIT cables and interconnects. Quite lovely, actually.

I should know the answer to this, but it has been so long since I have used a 'table....

Your input is most appreciated.

thanks

d
128x128derbim
Buff, have you noticed how difficult it is to find non-well-reviewed components? :)
Derbim, in my experience most all phono preamps have less gain than CD players. So I very much doubt too much gain will be an issue - depending on your cartridge.

Also, how will you decide which LP's you'll carry to your vacation house? (now this probably IS a dumb question) This, and the notion of schlepping them back ad forth is why I've decided to keep the vinyl at home. I just take my laptop and use it as a source, along with a collection of CD's I've burned. Since I have a spare table I am always tempted to set it up at my other place, except for that issue.
Thank all of you who responded. Excellent guidance. Now .... off to shopping. Helping the economy, etc.

Thanks again, guys. Moving the LPs.....well....for starters, a select few boxes for the first trip. I hate to split them up...immediately I will want to listen to the one that is 430 miles away..........

d