Do you listen to equipment or music.

This Blog got me to thinking about the subject:
https://www.blogger.com/u/1/blogger.g?blogID=6484902156509233383#editor/target=post;postID=191909277...
In the past I have spent hours listening to the same part of the same song just to fine tune various components of the of the audio system. I even move speakers and listen - move them again and listen more. Sometimes I wonder what I am doing. Whatever it is, when I get into this mode, I am not listening to the music.  It would be nice how the community feels about listening to music or equipment.
johnspain
I think that most people had never listen to the true potential quality sound of their already good audio gear,because of the lack of proper means for cleaning EMI And RFI, and eliminating mechanical vibrations... Then because of that subconcious and conscious insatisfaction they listen to sound not to music in the hope to detect the problem...I know that because before my experiments in cleaning I was not satisfied by the same gear which I am in love now, the difference is that I listen now to the same equipment at his true quality top level...Cleaning is the beginning and the end in audio...After that when you hear an organic realistic holographic equilibrated sound that transform in music at the end, you listen, and forget the hype and the upgrading virus...
Post removed 
Whew... Didn’t think that I was the only one out there in this way. Yes, it is both music and equipment. Truth be told, it is mostly equipment IF the recording is up to it. Right now, I am listening to an amature recording (better than you would expect) of which I personally know the artists. So I can pass off the sonic expectations in turn for the music/performance itself. I do set the volume, tone, dimension controls for the best rendition. After that, it is the music.
I am more of an experimenter by nature, and love hearing the results of my efforts. The same held true when used to work on my mountain bike, attempting to get the smoothest shifting, best handling, etc. Either way, I tend to like the physics of all things earth, and am fascinated with that which seems to be  beyond.
My gear does not sound the same before and after cleaning the electrical grid and the audio grid...There is no relation between the sound of my Sansui,Mission speakers and Dac and headphone, before and after the cleaning, no relation...I was so disappointed by my gear that I had plenty of money in my purse I would had sell all my equipment to upgrade to TOTL costly pieces... And I know exactly which pieces I would had bought, the cost total would be 25 thousand dollars, for speakers,dac,amp,and headphone and they would have been relatively or even absolutely better certainly...But never mind my dreams of supreme audio system heaven, I dont had money at this times and not more now...

Then I go for exploratory experiments and tweaks, and vibrations control,room treatment, and last and foremost cleaning the 2 grids, the audio one and the house electrical one...That cost me some more money but 25 times less in total...The end results was I enjoy really what I have and does not read with too much envy or greed the audio hype new costly product...I enjoy music now and that is the important thing...The truth is people most of the times dont know the real quality sound potential of their own gear because of noise, and almost all people underestimate noise and dont know what a noise level is in electronics.....What noise they say? "My amplifier cost me 12 thousands bucks and is state of the art"...For them it is the end of discussion...

By the way when a good system sound at his peak musicality, you listen to the majority of your cd or files, and cannot interrupt the music of the files or cd playing right now because this is so good listening...You forget then to verify frequencies and other cues about the sound...This is my experience after cleaning...Before that my inconscious ears was never pleased because the noise was muddying too much the quality of the sound...And I was dreaming to buy something new, or searching for a cd that will sound better than the other last one...Now almost all sound good, except the worse for sure, and I listen to music more than to sound...I cannot begins to listen a cd without finishing it completely lost in music... And it is with the same elements and equipment in the 2 cases...