convergent jl2 or arc ref 600 for my eidolons?

I actually use eidolons with jl2, with very good results. now I have the possibility to buy a used pair arc ref 600; who has heard this combination with my eidolon's?
thank you very much!
alex
alexismaster
You will love the Diamonds. Hard to believe, but a significant step up from the Eidolons.
Hi Costanzia,

Great choice! My Diamonds should arrive next week.

Can't tell how anxious I am, it's been a long two months.

All the best to you!!

Tom
I've had the same setup as you for the last 12 month now. Eidolons on a JL2 connected to an Audio Aero Capitole CD. Although I'm not happy with the JL2 technically (hums, nearly burned the house, had to be repaired within weeks, ..), I cannot complain sonically.

When designing the system I've also auditioned the ARC 600 (not sure about the REF) at a dealer on some large Thiels in a horribly treated room. Although better than their Gryphon Reference (solid state), I wasn't impressed much. No gain over the JL2.

If you want to spend some funds to improve things, I would recommend (in this order):

- Room treatment. In my opinion every dollar spend here, is worth 10 times more than a dollar spend on overpriced amps.
You can't beat the simple physics.

- Dedicated power line for your stereo. This was an eye opener for me. $80 spend here equalled $5000 spend for amps.

- Audition the Audio Aero Capitole CD. The digital volume control and tube output are doing it for me.

Enjoy the music!
Dear Costanzia:The Eidolon are a very revealing loudspeakers, so, you have to look for an amplifier that don't degraded the signal or degrade it the less. If you continue with tube electronics I can't see why you have this kind of speaker, let me explain it: when an audio signal goes inside a tube this one produce ( by itself ) harmonics at audible levels that does not exist on the recording: that's what you want? or you want to hear what is on the recording. Other subject on the same: any tube amplifier really function like a very expensive equalizer: it changes the frecuency response according to the changes in the speakers impedance.
The question is: why any one invest on a top performer speakers like the Eidolon ( expensive, too ) for to hear a sound that is totally degraded and false from what is in the recording ?.
If you care about music then you have to buy an amplifier like ( example ): Pass XA 200, that degrades less and at least does not function like an equalizer.
Regards and always enjoy the music.
Raul.