Connection options from Node to Denafrips Iris to Pontus

What cables do you recommend to connect from a Node to a Denafrips Iris to a Denafrips Pontus?  I'll be using XLR's from the Pontus to my preamp.

128x128davegolf2424

Does the Pulsemini support MQA from Tidal? Is this a "real" consideration in your view? Does it support Roon? I am an absolute neophyte about Roon, so I have no idea if it’s something that is worth going after.

I’m not, nor ever will be, a Roon subscriber and as such I’m happily Roon ignorant. I did a quick search with mixed results. I pulled this blurb off the Innuos page for the Pulsemini and don’t know what it means but here it is FWIW…

“On Endpoint Mode, the PULSE Network Players connect to a main Music Server, be it an Innuos Music Server, Roon Core, HQ Player or any Logitech Media Server based server. The PULSE will then show as a zone on the respective music server app and you will use that app to browse and play music on the Pulse Network Players.”

There have been several Roon subscribers here who stopped using it when they got an Innuos streamer because their outstanding Sense app got them close enough to Roon while also sounding better, and it’s FREE and is constantly being upgraded with further improvements. If you get a Pulsemini I’d just use the Sense app and see if it’s even worth pursuing Roon. Plus, Roon is now going through an ownership change so who the hell knows what’ll happen from here and who needs the potential hassle?

+1 @audphile1 regarding MQA. It’s going away as we speak so I wouldn’t give it a second thought, but the Pulsemini handles MQA anyway so it’s a non issue.

The $1500 for the Innuos Pulsemini is definitely streching it to the absolute limit. But then, I don’t want to regret not getting as good as possible and then wanting to upgrade later on.

Yeah, as per my prior post if that’s your preference bite the bullet and get the Pulsemini and be happily done with it. Several people found the Zen Mini to be very close in performance to the upscale Zen when they added an external LPS, and I have to believe the Pulsemini would sound even better than the Zen Mini which is why I would be very comfortable keeping a Pulsemini for the longer term and wouldn’t feel the same about the Node and Eversolo. Just add the LPS when funds allow, and I’m of the opinion you don’t necessarily have to pay up for the $1100 for the Innuos LPS as there are other good ones out there that’ll be perfectly fine for a lot less. The Lumin U1 Mini may be good too, but from what I’ve read the user interface is not on the same level as Sense, and UI is a very important consideration. Hope this helps.

soix,

You've been extremely helpful.  Now all that's left is to place the order....

Love to hear your impressions as you add the new equipment after it’s burned in a bit.  You should be very excited!

baylinor, 

All Node models have a USB port, but it wasn't until the Node 130 that they were activated for USB output. Now for this part I am not 100% on, but Bluesound was supposed to turn on the USB in the 2i via a firmware update....but I have no idea if that ever happened.