Connection options from Node to Denafrips Iris to Pontus

What cables do you recommend to connect from a Node to a Denafrips Iris to a Denafrips Pontus?  I'll be using XLR's from the Pontus to my preamp.

128x128davegolf2424

Ok. So here we go again.  Streamers.  A quick look online and a couple of models pop up.   Eversolo 6.  Innuos mini. Thoughts?  Other choices?

Streamers.  A quick look online and a couple of models pop up.   Eversolo 6.  Innuos mini. Thoughts? 

I’d go Innuos assuming you mean the Pulse Mini.  It’s a new model incorporating some of their latest developments/thinking, and their app consistently gets top marks for both usability and sound.  They also offer excellent customer service if needed.  You can get a nice performance boost by adding a separate linear power supply down the road if it’s not in the budget now.  Good ones can be had for around $400 new and less used so not too bad for the performance increase you get.  That’d be a kick butt combo with your DAC and DDC.

For a good entry level streamer, that will work with your incoming Denafrips gear: Bluesound Node 130 ($499 new, $300 used), the new Node X ($750 new, $600 used), the Eversolo DMP-A6 ($850....they are in such high demand that you'll not find them used I don't think)

That's a good, better, better option list.....best will cost more.....the Pulse mini looks like a great option if the money is available

I will say that I have had the Node 130 for 2 years, and the with the Iris/Pontus II combo for just less than that. I have not once said to myself that this combo didn't sound good. I have tested (and will upgrade to) an Aurender/Innuous/Lumin at some point, but not running out the door right now to do it....but those units all sound great with the Pontus as well; and I've had 4 different units in to test.