CLASSE - Great amps or highly flawed?

Some love them. Others criticize:

Highly colored.

Midrange nice, but euphonic & not accurate.

Highs rolled off, and given an electronic sheen.

Overall dark sound.

Imaging only so-so.

Lack transparency.

Textured sounding.

Bass somewhat lacking definition & loose.

What's your opinion??
kevziek
Don't mean to be a party pooper, but there is a little money to be made in posting public reviews on audio equipment. I think it's called hack writing. Not that all manufacturers or dealers indulge in this sort of free cyber sales approach... but some do.

I wouldn't believe Kevziek's opinion any more than I would 75 audio or videophiles raving about the product of the century. Sonics, and the same goes for visuals, are a matter of taste. Appreciation and pleasure are immeasurable and unquantifiable.

My Classe gives me immeasurable pleasure....
In 1992, I purchased one of the last Classe' Tens (125wpc) designed by the legendary Dave Reich, whose amps bore the designation DR. The last DRs--DR-10, DR-15 and DR-25 (Ten, Fifteen and Twenty-Five)--are still considered some of the best-sounding ever to come out of Lachine or elsewhere. The DR-10 continues to drive our system, while speakers, preamps, CD players, transports, DACs, tuners, wire and cable, and accessories have come and gone. There've been many other amps in the house for extended audition as a possible replacement. Except for two, one SS, the other tubed, and both costing 7-8 times the DR-10, none have equaled the Classe' in OVERALL presentation or have been better in enough areas to warrant a change. This includes a number of later and latest Classe' amps. The remainder of our system: Avalon Arcus, c-j 14LS/Mullard, Accuphase CD player and tuner, Luminous Audio Technology ICs, Symo speaker cable, Shunyata Viper PCs and Hydra. When a better OVERALL amp is available to me at a reasonable price, I'll most definitely consider buying it. Until then, the venerable DR-10 stays.
Guys stop the argument. Don't compare cheap classe with more expensive one. Even with the same circuit, it will never sound the same. Try the Classe fifteen and tell me what you think. Read the reviews. Stereophile. Thanks.
Post removed