Bricasti Model 1 Series II DAC

This DAC seems pretty interesting from both an analogue as well as digital conversion point of view:

https://bricasti.com/en/consumer/m1s2.php

I currently own a highly modded DirectStream MKI DAC, but this DAC I really want.... MSRP is around $12K....

Any opinions on this DAC?

adriaan

The new display on the M1S2 just became available.  I haven't seen it advertised anywhere but it was on the M1S2 at Axpona.  I just got my M1S2 last week and I got the new display but I knew about it and it did cost me more.  The colors are blue, red and off-white (it almost matches the color of the knob).  I don't know if I would send a M1S2 with the red display back for the new display but since my M1SE was already going there for the upgrade, I decided to spend the extra bucks and get the nicer display.   The new display looks great.

Nifty.  I must have just missed the change when I had my M1 upgraded to the series II a few months back.  How much was the up charge for the color display?    

Can someone post pictures of the new display?  I will likely upgrade my M1SE/MDx/Network player to the M1series ii but wondering about the color display.

I will echo all of the previous comments about the S2 upgrade.  I could not be happier with this upgrade.  The improvements are not subtle.   Worth every hard earned penny!

Fast turnaround, stellar service!

Kudos to Bricasti for supporting their customers in this way!!!

Photos of the new display are now on Bricasti’s website.   The optional display upgrade makes for a cleaner installation, because the remote is received via the front panel, making the separate receiver obsolete.

That’s my $0.02.

I am one happy customer!

am quite interested in the M1 SE2 dac. thinking of selling one of my dacs to fund it. currently using Rockna Wavedream Signature XLR, Meitner MA3, and Rockna Wavelight. have any of u with the Bricasti tried the dacs I have, and have any opinion as to whether the M1 would be a sort of side grade rather than upgrade?

I quite like the wavedream and wavelight, so might change up the meitner for the bricasti.. any thoughts? if I do, the front end for the Bricasti would be an Innuos Pulsar outputting via USB.