Bowers and Wilkins, 801 D4

Hi all, i'm looking to get some new speakers, maybe Wilson audio sasha DAW, or B&W 801 D4, my amp is the Audionet Humboldt integrated , 

Specs & Pricing

Output power: 320Wpc into 8 ohms, 460Wpc into 4 ohms
Frequency response: DC–700kHz -3dB
THD+N: <-100dB at 1kHz
SNR: >120dB (A-weighted)
Channel separation: >140dB, 20-20kHz
Dimensions: 450 x 320 x 505mm
Weight: 61kg
Price: $55,000, i have mk 1  sasha's at the moment, sounds v-good, would my amp have enough grunt , for the B&W,s, they do have two 10" base drivers, on paper they are easier to drive, but as we know in real life, not always the case , i am in England, so Wilsons are £40,000, B&W £32,500, a big difference,  thanks 

graystoke

B&W’s you just hookup and maybe spend some time positioning. The Wilson’s require a tool kit, Sun dial, abacus and loads of patience! No clue why an Audiophile would invest in them…Engineer, Rocket scientist, maybe but wayyy too much going on with their upper end speakers IMO…

Both speakers , are “cliché “ speakers with a great marketing plan , very knowned  ,but I don’t like them ,because (for me ) they don’t give the natural sound , perceptibility , you don’t go “into the music” : you miss the feelings and empathy… that’s mine opinion … there are many speakers that sound much better : but you have to make the effort to look for them keeping in mind your favorite music/genre , and it must match with your other components…

Hi, well i have , an Esoteric K01-X cd player, Audionet Humboldt integrated amp, Wilson audio Sasha mk1, all cabling is MIT HD 60, dedicated room 12foot by 23 foot, firing the down the length of the room, music is mainly  prog rock, but anything guitar based,  ish,

will my amp have enough grunt for the B&W, and is my room to small for them, 

Also i can't find out how  many Amp's it puts out, thanks andy

@graystoke 

I had original 801s for many years when they were freshly launched (1995?) and I was very happy.  Both the tweeters failed after around 7 years, not in a user-induced event.  I replaced and sold on at that point, replacing with ML CLX Anniversaries.

Your amp has plenty of power to drive either speaker well but looking at its output into 8 and 4 ohms, it could benefit from a stiffer power supply.

The current Sashas are way better than the originals. It's debatable whether the same progress has been made in the evolution of the 801s. Personally I think B&W have regressed, while Wilson have advanced - and that is based on listening to both speakers.

Depending on your room size, it's potentially worth starting your Wilson auditioning with the Sabrina X - you might be surprised.