Borresen Loudspeakers

Had the opportunity to attend the launch event of the Borresen X1 loudspeakers last night in Chicago @nextlevelhifi ​​​​​with @jays_audio_lab. From their M6 at $550k per pair all the way down to the newly launched X1 speakers last night at $5500 your ears will smile. Amazing what a 4.5” driver can do. If you are in the market for any price range speaker about $5,000 and up you have to hear these. Imaging is 3 dimensional, larger than life soundstage and just absolutely stunning performance with a look that will fit any room. This manufacturer out of Denmark really gets it and I don’t care what price point you are looking at these speakers will out perform speakers double the price.  If you are buying speakers up to $25k you have to hear their $11k option.  The rep for Borresen is hitting all the shows/events over the next several months in the US. Oh, and by the way, I loved the X1 so much I bought the first pair that will ship to me in early March!

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xwoots

@woots see if Josh or Tyler will run them in for you while you’re gone. They do it all the time for customers. 

scslite: So far right out of the box a tad bright, but I am breaking them in with a different Class D Amp. The Naim gear however sounds the best with them so far, and I will try the BAT VK80i on them as well once I get 100 hours on them, as they do improve over time. I need to go over what Lars told me to place them, more of a U configuration than a Triangle, is what I remember. I am comparing them to a pair of Audio Physic "Spark" which is a remarkable speaker as well.

woots: Have fun on Vacation and listening to those when you get back.

I just listened to the Borresen X2 Model (2.5 way towers) and on familiar program material they sounded really, really nice.  Bass was clean, clear and well defined, midrange and treble were like an open window the sound was so clear.  

My only concern was the imaging which I will need to revisit before buying them. The center image seemed to shift away from the center at random times.  Possibly not the best toe angle for the broadest sweet spot.  Regardless these are seriously good sounding speakers and nothing to scoff at before hearing them.  

Great News!!  @nextlevelhifi delivered my new Borresen X1's this week.  I told everyone that I would a provide an update after I received them and got them set up.  Speakers arrived individually boxed and are flawless. You can definitely tell there is a high level of quality control with the feel and finish.  Each one weighs 28 pounds.  

Since I am using these on a credenza, I did not buy the stands, so was surprised they weighed that much and they are a bit bigger than I expected which is really nice.  They are very easy to set up.  One of the key sections in the user manual covers burn in time and they couldn't be more spot on.  Out of the box and turning them on they have a bit of a sound like they are covered up......but that initial sound went away in hours.  So far they have been running continuously for about 72 hours and what a difference that time has made.  They have bloomed wonderfully and the bass/midrange/treble is so synergized. The speakers have a very distinct clarity and sound much bigger than their size. I listen to a lot of Jazz and the soundstage is better than expected for my office set up.  The manual states that within 200 hours they will be about 80-85% broken in and fully there by 500 and if that is any indication of how they will break in I'm going to be more thrilled than I am now with purchasing these Borresen X1's.  

I will provide another update in a few weeks but if you are going Axpona this weekend be sure to check out @nextlevelhifi and demo these amazing speakers and get your order in.