Best speakers around $130k?

Go!

mjbishop99

I like the PMC Fenestria - they include little CD holders at the top and bottom of each speaker, they look really cool and they are below the OPs price point.  

The OP didn't ask for your value judgements on how to spend his money. He asked for comparisons of speakers currently on the market near his price point—because he had heard the Wilson Alexx V and wanted to know what else might compare. A rather open ended question to be sure, but I am always amazed how many people, for whatever reasons they might have, pass judgement on where a person spends their own money.

When I was but a boy, the idea of spending $10K for a pair of speakers would have seemed an unrealistic dream. I am blessed now to have accumulated some resources over the course of a lifetime of effort (no luck, no inheritance) and am able to enjoy the fruits of the efforts of others. I respect when a person goes from vision to end-product, building a company along the way. No easy task, often full of small failures along the way. That they are able to make manifest a product that represents their life energy—and the product is wonderful, beautiful, and brings me joy... that is something I can appreciate and respect. We should all be so blessed.

Buy what you can afford. Enjoy the hobby how ever you see fit. Just don't go raining on everyone else's parade. If you've heard speakers in this price range you think the OP should be aware of, by all means share your thoughts.

If you think spending $100k on speakers is foolish, DON'T DO IT. I'd love to have an Aston Martin, or a Ferrari, or an Alfa Romeo, but I don't value those the way I do audio products, so I don't spend my money there. But I'll never be heard telling someone who chooses to spend money on cars he's foolish. His money, his choices.

Sad state of affairs when the peanut gallery can't give advice and instead insult or joke ad nauseum.

imho quite the contrary, all comments made here in response to the op are deserved, and fun to read

Hello,

Spend $50k on room treatment and buy your favorite $50k speakers. It won’t matter because your room will be perfect for almost all speakers. My favorite are Sonas Faber. I don’t own them, but I love their sound. The room is just as important.