Best Monitor not over 1K, new ot used

I've always used flootstanders, had a pr of PSB Alphas once in bedroom, about it.
In my old age I've moved to a condo where Monitors will work. A friend just moved and left me a pr of lead shot filled English Target Stands, if I get over the hernia and don't die from lead poisoning, I'd like to try a nice little monitor for my classical and jazz obcession.Also left me a neat little Totem sub.
i remember hearing a pr of Silverline Minuets I thought were lights out, any more sugestion?
schubert
While I have not listened to them, it sounds like the new Elac monitors are giving a lot of competitors in the 1k. range a run for their money. All for half that price!
"joejoe02-07-2016 5:29pmJperry, where have seen the ProAcResponse 2 for 1k? An impressive speaker indeed. Even if I had one, if you get pick one up for a grand,  hell get another."

Prices rise and fall. That was back in 2013. None for sale at that price currently.
+1 on the Peachtree D5 monitors.  Awesome sound, very good bass, high build quality, and the D5 in Cherry is exceptionally nice looking imo.  At $599, these are a sweet deal.