BAT VK3500 vs. Hegel H590

I’m curious if anyone has any opinion about these 2 Integrated amps specifically for my Harbeth 40.3XD speakers?

I own the BAT VK3500 which I am happy with, but I think the Harbeth’s could use a little more power and of course the upgrade itch never seems to go away, but other than more power is this a lateral move?

I don't need the digital audio capabilities of the Hegel btw.

I’m aware Harbeth tends to demo at shows with Hegel - not sure if that means anything.

Note: I’m lusting over the T+A PA 3100HV but that is out of range at the moment, although there is a 220v version for sale on USA for $7500, but I have zero knowledge of step up transformers and what they might contribute to noise etc.

Thanks for reading.

macg19

@geof3 Thanks for the insight.

Curious what you have now for power and what speakers you own?

@macg19 The Hegel H590. It’s a great one box solution basically. Wilson Alexia V1.

I had one of the Hegel entry level integrated in my house for a weekend and thought it sounded great.  If I was going to collapse my separates Hegel would be at the top of the list. 

@macg19 

The only way to scratch that curiosity itch is to try it out yourself, only you know what your sonic preferences are.  I’m a fan of Hegel+Harbeth combo.

T+A PA 3100HV - excellent choice, great price/performance.