Atma-Sphere Class D… Amazing

Today I picked up my Atma-Sphere Class D Amps. These aren’t broken in yet. And they are simply amazing. I’ve listen to a lot of High End Class D. Some that cost many times what Atma-Sphere Class D costs. I wasn’t a fan of any of them. But these amps are amazing. I really expected to hate them. So my expectations were low. The Details are of what I’ve never heard from any other amps. They are extremely neutral. To say the realism is is extremely good is a gross understatement. They are so transparent it’s scary. These amps just grab you and suck you into the music. After I live with them some and get them broken in. And do some comparisons to some other high end Amps Solid State, Tubes and Class D’s, also in other systems I’ll do a more comprehensive review. But for now, these are simply amazing amps.. Congrats to Ralph and his team. You guys nailed on these.

128x128pstores

Great question, I do not think many dealers are keeping much stock anymore. The last few years it seems that you had to wait for an appliance to come in from the distributor. Even pre pandemic I can remember having to wait a week or two. 

Talk about audio (however defined) on this esteemed forum. There are many issues to explore and many wonderful contributions. Address the many questions raised.

What is with this with character assassination? That is what inexperienced and puerile teenage girls do at school when they have a crush on some boy.  

I ordered the monoblocks on May 27 and received them on Aug 16, so a bit under 3 months for me. Definitely worth the wait.  I was quoted a 3 month wait and it came in just under that.

@drhamp what are your thoughts on them? Have you been a class d user before? I'm very interested. 

@j-wall - This is going to be a bit of a round-about answer:

I've been a SET fanatic for several years, primarily 45 and 46 SETs.  I just love the presense and intimacy that those SETs provide with my 98dB + speakers. 

I have been on the lookout for a Class D alternative that could provide or at least approach that SET sound that I have fallen in love with.  After watching a video (don't recall which) where Ralph was describing his Class D monoblocks and based on his outstanding reputation, I ordered a pair.  This was a leap of faith for me as it was the most that I had paid for any piece of audio gear except for speakers.

I've had them in place now for a little over a month and will say that I'm not dissappointed.  They are certainly the closest to the SET sound that I have heard from a solid state amp.  They are not quite up to the SET sound that I was looking for, but they come very close.

No question, Class D has come a long way and that will likely continue to improve.

Coincidently, while waiting for the Atma-Sphere  amps to arrive - a friend recommended that I try another Class D stereo amplifier which is Paschal based.  I won't mention the name here (since this is a thread on Atma-Sphere Class D). 

Is it as good as the Atma-Sphere, probably not, but it is very very good and I plan to do an A/B test with them in the near future.

Neither of these amps will replace my 45/46 SET amps, but they are outstanding alternatives.  I'm sure there are many other excellent Class D amps out there, but I have not had the opportunity to hear them