Anybody have Experience with Alta Audio Alyssa Speaker

I have been reviewing speakers in the $5K price range and came across the Alta Audio Alyssa speaker. I have put these on my watch list. I am very interested in hearing if anyone  has personal experience in listening to these speakers. What other speakers would you compare them to. Interested in reading what you have to say.

tjraubacher

Based on the reviews of the regular Pulsars they sound great and I don’t think I would need the graphene upgrade.

I 100% agree.  The graphene thing seems much more important for the Perspectives, and there’s no way in hell you’re gonna be disappointed with the original Pulsars.  Go for it!  You can always upgrade them down the road if audiophile insanity kicks in, but personally I wouldn’t bother as the originals are so damn good already.

@stuartk 

Thanks for that thread. Very informative. Helps because it seemed like the graphene makes its biggest difference in the bass. I am not a bass freak.

@tjraubacher

You’re welcome. If I had the funds, now, I would probably buy those used Pulsars. BTW, one need not be a "bass freak" to appreciate standmounts that deliver bass that exceeds expectations in terms of the size of the drivers. But each to his/her own.  

Perhaps, if your wife is a music lover, you can play her favorites on the Pulsars to get her on board. Or is it purely a case of (visual) esthetics? 

@soix

Am I mistaken, or was it you who described the sound of Pulsars driven by Hegel as "mesmerizing" ?

@stuartk Not sure I used “mesmerizing” but I guess it’s possible.  I just remember hearing the original Pulsars at a show with Hegel electronics and they sounded excellent — very natural sounding.  I heard them previously at another show driven by Bel Canto electronics and they performed at the same high level with that gear as well to the point where I questioned my inherent bias against Class D because it didn’t sound “digital” in the least, and I could’ve easily and happily lived with that system (and the Hegel too).  My takeaway is the Pulsars can play nice with a variety of amps — yet another virtue to add onto the pile.