Any experience of Planet 2000 with Bel Canto DAC2?

I have been quite happy with my Rega Planet 2000 for the time it's been in my possession. It's very musical, warm, and most importantly, not bright: it goes well with my tastes in music which are mostly acoustic jazz, some 'progressive fusion' (I hate this choice of words) and some classical. My system includes an Adcom GFA-5500 and a VTL TL-2.5 with very neutral-sounding custom-made D'Appolito configuration 2-way bookshelf speakers on 23" metal stands (not yet filled with sand). I have recently been invited by a friend to hear his new Musical Fidelity DAC (with a Proceed transport): it really blew my mind. The highs were purer, the bass was tighter; overall, it sounded better. I know I can get more from this Planet in terms of overall sound, closer to reality if you will. I am considering pairing it with a Bel Canto DAC2 connected with an Analysis Plus Oval Digital cable (suggested by a friend). Has anyone mated the DAC2 to the Planet or the Planet 2000 (used as a transport)? Benefits? Gaps? Any suggestions on the Oval Digital?
lrmellon
Lrmelon:

I'd like to hear your impressions of your DAC2. How's it working out for you?
Actually, much better than I hoped for: the Planet 2K is another animal, much better in detailing the transients and with a "rounder" but clearer low end than before. In all fairness, I have to acknowledge that I (also) upgraded both the Planet 2K and the DAC2's power cords to PS Audio xStream Prelude and that has added a bit of depth to the soundstage.

As for my next move, I am dying to join the SACD ranks: any thoughts on achieving that while keeping the DAC2 in the chain (I'm thinking affordable transport)? I love this little black box so much!...
Any idea? I am thinking of a McCormack UDP-1 which would be connected to the DAC2 through its analog outputs for playing Redbook CDs and as a standalone SACD player through its digital outputs. Am I making sense?