Any expereince with Coincident Frankenstein II Amp

Currently driving Coincident Super Victory speakers with the Topaz Wyetech amp and the results are amazing. I had heard that the Frankenstein II full chrome version is best in class for my speakers and Hovland pre. Any expereince with these amps and or feedback is welcome!
128x128paul_lindemann
After my initial message I had an experience with Frankenstein and my whole point of view has changed.

Recently a friend of mine has bought Frankenstein amplifier and yesterday I had an opportunity to try it with my equipment. All I can say is this amplifier is INCREDIBLE. After what I read from internet, I was expecting a good sound but this is beyond my expectation. It easily drove my Super Eclipse's, sound dial of my pre was about 9 o'clock and it was a huge sound. Frankenstein and Counterpoint SA-5.1 synergy was excellent. For example all three person present at the audition did not like the Doge 8-Frankenstein combo.

Anyway, my search is over, I'm looking for a Frankenstein from now on. :)
Firochromis,
I`m glad you had the opprotunity to hear the Frankenstein MarkII under the best conditions(your own system!). It`s truly a brilliant SET amplifier. I wish you the best of luck in obtaining one soon.

Although you may not be looking for a new linestage, the Coincident Statement Linestage is equally stunning.

Best Regards,
Firochromis, don't rule out the Manley's. I have them and love them. I haven't heard the Frank's, though. It would be nice to hear from someone with experience from both amps in the same system. My Manley's are partnered with a Manley Steelhead pre and the combo is pretty stunning. I'm sure there is better out there-- but I am not interested in changing. Coincident gear may be the better value after the Manley price increases.

PMB
I have owned the Franks Mk II for a couple of years now, and I also matched them for a while with the Hovland (a great preamp) until I finally got few months ago the CSL preamp, which is first class. For me the Franks are the best SET amps I know... but, of course, I don´t know all of them (but I have been around audio for 40 years). What I like of the Franks is something simple: they reproduce live sound (or at least that is what I feel when I listen to them). Not the last world in low bass, of course, but everything else is beyond good.
I have owned the Franks Mk II for a couple of years now, and I also matched them for a while with the Hovland (a great preamp) until I finally got few months ago the CSL preamp, which is first class. For me the Franks are the best SET amps I know... but, of course, I don´t know all of them (but I have been around audio for 40 years). What I like of the Franks is something simple: they reproduce live sound (or at least that is what I feel when I listen to them). Not the last world in low bass, of course, but everything else is beyond good.