Amazon just killed Tidal

Today Amazon released Amazon Music Unlimited HD streaming for $12.99 per month for  Amazon Prime members.

There is a free trial.

Streaming is in CD and High Rez quality!

50 million songs!

Just started my subscription. More info later.
don_c55

as for the so called "free" trial

I signed up yesterday thinking what's to lose with a free trial. Then I see a $7.99 charge from Amazon Music on my credit card today. I call and am told that the HD trial is free but you have to have a $7.99 unlimited account to get the free trial. Of course, I ask how can it be free when I get charged $7.99? They said again, only free if you pay for unlimited

I canceled and got my $7.99 back

first they have a setting that says you get HD downloads when it turns out that is not actually a download even when you pay for the song like I foolishly did,  it is only for offline listening, any actual download is low resolution MP3, now this

f**k em, I'm done with em

Rodrigo y Gabriels’ “Diablo Rojo” on Qobuz in 16/44 sounds waay better than Amazons Hi-Res...  

Not quite sure whats going on here...

I am missing tons of Micro Detail on Amazon.  Amazon is sounding like spotify; maybe not even that good :(
Way to go Amazon. Tidal customer service sucks (there is none). At least with Amazon you can get a live person. 
The way I see it - this kicks up the competition few notches.  God bless capitalism.  I paid $249.99/year @ Qobuz which I think is still too much. It should be ~ $10/month (gut feel, nothing else). I love Amazon for the fact that it equalizes pricing to some extent. 
Way to go Amazon. Tidal customer service sucks (there is none). At least with Amazon you can get a live person.

Not in my experience!

At Amazon you cannot even get a live person any longer, much quicker and simpler to use the chat option to resolve issues.
I must admit that works very well though and resolution to my satisfaction is 100%.

But I am not convinced on their music service, it seems to be no better than when I tried a few months back.
I would say all they are doing right now is out iTuning iTunes.
No serious threat to Qobuz imho right now.