3a l'integral nouveau Vs. Verity parisfal encore

Anyone heard both? How is there sound different/the same? Does the verity sound more like a wilson product than the nouveau? My memory of wilson was that it has, relatively speaking, a leaner type of presentation (kinda sorta like a merlin). But mostly I'm curious as to how the first two compare...
catsmeow
I have had Verity Parsifal's for 5yrs, and I can't be happier with the sound, the quality of fit and finish (makore in my case), and ongoing customer support (ie advice on placement, tweaks, cables, amps etc.). I haven't heard the other speakers mentioned - other than the Merlins - too long ago, but certainly auditioned them.

I'm no audiophile really, but as I audition new gear for the system, I am never interested in getting a new set of speakers. These things hold their own to $30k speakers out there in my experience.

They are alive, rich and full, yet very detailed (not bright, though). Their detail lends them to application with neutral tube gear. I've never heard "thin" applied to Verity - and my experience is that they punch way above their weight class for presence and filling a room full of music.

If you go Parsifals - consider getting the new plinth b/n the bass and monitor from Verity, and send me a note re other tweaks I've found very helpful.

The other spaekers are great - I can't compare and contrast for you; but I can tell you I've never had a better ownership experience and these are speakers with a wide, gorgeous presence!
"thin" is not a word I would associate with my VA POs. Fully bodied is... As to the "visceral impact" you spoke of, before my current listening room, I was in a smaller one where the base cabinets were pointed forward and there was more attack. In my current room the overall sound benefited by having the base cabinets rear firing while I did loose some attack, the pros far out weighted the cons.

Keep in mind, that I have the Ovations which my present things differently than the Encores.

My Speaker History goes something like this: B&W DM3000 > B&W 805 Matrix > SF Concertos > SF Grand Pianos > SF Electa Amator II > (life changed big time) > 3A MM De Cappo i > Devore Gibbon Super 8 > Verity Audio Parsifal Ovations.

As you can see, my tastes started off very "detailed" and evolved to a real “musical” experience, driven by the adage “it is more important for me to hear “why” the performers are on stage, than it is to hear “where” they are on stage”….

Enjoy the journey!

BTW: The customer service of VA is top notch