15k USD Speakers for Classical and Pop Extended Listening, Near setup, Low volume

Dear Audiophiles,

I am looking for some speakers for my home office. Speakers would be place 6ft from me on either side of my desk. Speakers will be 8 ft apart.

I love classical music and pop. I am looking for speakers for extended listening at not very high volume. They should be warm and non fatiguing.

I am currently considering following speakers:

1. Monitor Audio Gold 300

2. ATC SCM40

3. Kef R7 Meta

Do you have any other suggestions. Thanks and appreciate your help!

ilikeclassical

kEF r11 meta just got a glowing review on Audio Science Review site, which is not easy to do.  I’ve heard those and agree with the assessment.  You can’t go wrong with most any current KEF model.  This company really has its act together these days.   I have ls50s and ls50 metas currently myself. 

Just buy the Borresen X-3's for 11K and be done with it.....You're Not going to beat these with anything under $22K...read the reviews....audition them...

Get any small well regarded speaker for nearfield listening, cover your desk with shag carpet, and lean in...you may need some back surgery eventually but it's the only way. 

If your listening at low volumes, why are you going to spend 15k? There are plenty of speakers that play well at low volume for far cheaper. And for a desk set up?? I'd be looking at no more than a 500 buck speaker. Wharfedale would be my choice....$249/pair diamond 220, or diamond 225 at a bit more, can be had for 349....on sale, if you can still find them. Both play well at low volumes, non fatiguing and good bass. 

first of all whoever said that the gold 300 G5 would overwhelm the room doesn't know what they're talking about that room is more than big enough to accommodate them I had them in a room 8 and 1/2 by 23 and they didn't overwhelm the room but I bought the platinum 200 G2 instead cuz they were better but if you really want to improve your system get the Townshend podiums they isolate vibration down to three Hertz and they'll get rid of almost all room problems The improvement is as if you bought much more expensive electronics Best upgrade you could do.