Tok20000 is going pro

Audiogon Community,

I am no longer an amateur/reviewer in the audio world.

I have resigned from my reviewer post at Soundstage, and have taken on the responsibility of being a home demonstrator for Glacier Audio (www.glacieraudio.com).

I made this commitment because I think the gear Glacier distributes is some of the best (if not THE BEST) available. If I was not totally blown away by Mark Gilmore's personal system (consisting of Glacier gear), I would not be representing Glacier.

Another company I have recently involved myself with is a startup company that is developing a hard disk based digital playback system. I am in charge of developing this product. We are not sure yet what this company will be called (in the end) or what the final product will be called (email me with questions or suggestions, heh heh), but I will say that the prototypes that I have built sound very promising. I am working on pricing the final product at a point where it will easily outclass digital two to three times its price. I will guarantee, it will change the way most people listen to digital.

From now on I will clearly state that I am a Glacier dealer in any post.

Sincerely,

Keith Forrest
Glacier Audio
www.glacieraudio.com
Monterey (Seaside), CA
128x128tok20000
Congrats and good luck Keith. Does this mean you've sold your VA Mahlers? It isn't because your dating the girl in the ad, is it? J/K! Best of luck! You are living a dream, as Dweller says.

John
Keith . Glad you are feeling better and hope to come up and see you and the Gilmore s soon . . Good luck and thanks for all you have done for me in the past . brent
Congratulations Keith. I'm trying to picture those Gilmore speakers in your living room.

What are the other Glacier product lines?
Drubin,

Glacier product lines:

Sources
SOTA (turntables)
Triplanar (tonearms)
MSB (MSB Platinum CD player, Platinum DAC)
Grado (phono cartridges)
van den Hul (phono cartridges)

Preamps
Atma-sphere (tube)

Amps
Atma-sphere (tube)

Speakers
Gilmore Audio (ribbon hybrid planar-dipoles)
Soundlab (electrostats)
Meyer Sound (self-amplified dynamic)

Cables and Interconnects
Magnan
Silver Audio

Headphones & Headphone Amps
Grado
Sennheiser

Fixtures and Peripherals
Bright Star Audio
Sound Anchor
ZERO

Keith Forrest
Glacier Audio
Interesting. I don't think I've seen a high-end dealer who carries Meyer Sound before. I've always wanted to get the audiophile perspective on them. Meyer is the ne plus ultra in sound reinforcement and, to a lesser extent, in studio monitoring.
Post removed 
Tok20000, good luck. I've followed the 'Gilmore speakers revealed' thread over on Speakers and figured it was best to sit back and see how things went, that the public would speak their minds - and speak they have indeed. You might have found revealing your pending affiliation with Glacier sooner to lend more credibility to your postings and to the products, IMO. I like Mark Gilmore both as a person and as a designer and wish him well. He's always been friendly and helpful.

I wanted to dispel what seems to be a popular misconception people have about Glacier Audio showrooms being Sound Lab dealers. Glacier Audio in Montana is a Sound Lab dealer, as is AudioKinesis in Louisiana. None of the other various Glacier showrooms around the country are Sound Lab dealers, to the best of my knowledge, nor do I believe any of them have Sound Lab speakers on hand to demonstrate. Sound Lab remains independent of Glacier Audio and has its own dealer network, of which Essential Audio, located in the Chicago area, is proud to be a part.

Brian Walsh
Good luck Keith. I hope that you the grass is as green on that side of the fence as you thought it was before hopping over : )

Other than that, the product lines listed are all very good gear. I can see how a system comprised of such gear could sound wonderful. Sean
>
Hi Keith,

Congratulations on becoming a Glacier Audio dealer! Please let me know if you have any questions or need information about Bright Star Audio products.

Best Regards,

Barry Kohan
President
"hard disk based digital playback system." This is a great idea, glad to hear it's coming soon.
Congratulations Keith! Good luck. I found making the transition very enlightening, to say the least.
Congratulations and Good Luck, Keith!!!

Hope you continue to remain involved in a big way here,
Joe
I wish you the best, Keith. I caught this post randomly on my once every three month click onto Audiogon. I have been meaning to send you some disks for a while now of some bands I have been following on the East Coast.... Going out to hear some Jazz right now up the street....---J.B.
Drubin, yes I am.
I just moved to Houston, TX.
It is quite a change from NorCal; however, it is MUCH cheaper. I own a 2300 sq ft house, and it rocks. My new listening room is the best I have ever had!

Keith
Hello Keith and welcome back! It's good to hear from you again! Here's to hoping all works out for you in Houston.

Cheers,
John
Post removed 
Keith, Good to see you posting, how's life been treating you? Shoot me a message when you get a chance, we should catch up!

Best,
Tim
More to discover