Budget Low-Capacitance Interconnects

Title says it all: can anybody recommend a reasonably-priced brand specifically known for low capacitance?
paulfolbrecht
Tascam professional series low capacitance cable. Still the best and most budget friendly RCA cable of all time, if you can find it.
The entry-level interconnects from Signal Cable would also do the trick. (www.signalcable.com) From the Web site: "Nom. Capacitance - 28.5 pF/ft." Mind you, I wouldn't know from a picofarad if it sat down beside me at dinner and picked up the tab, but I do know that this is a very low number. (I have no connection to Signal Cable besides being a very happy, repeat customer.) In a different set-up I was running in my previous residence, I ran a very long pair of SC interconnects from the preamp to my amps (around a corner and on a different wall) and they worked fabulously. Plus, Frank is a great guy to deal with.
-- Howard
what do you mean by budget? under $100? under $50? i'd suggest nordost blue heaven (used) if that's not stretching too far.
I third the Blue Jeans LC1 (C=12.2 pF/ft).

I didn't realize the capacitance of the Blue Heaven was this low (C=8.1 pF/ft).
I am one of many that can vouch for Paul Speltz Anti-ICs right here on Audiogon. C= 10pF/ft.
Worth checking out. Doesn't advertise, strictly word of mouth and there are lots of positive testimonials.
Budget is <$200 new/used for .5 IC, but .5 ICs are hard to come by used.

I have used and have much respect for anti-ICs. Didn't know they were on the low-capacitance side.
Paul Speltz is a class act.

He will work with your cable requirements and can tailor to your needs.

I second Cyclonicman's recommendation.

Have fun!
Mingles -- That was an exceptionally good paper you linked to, by Bill Whitlock of Jensen Transformers. I say that as both an electrical engineer and an audiophile. Thanks for calling it to our attention.

I think it does a remarkable job of explaining why cables can and do sound different, while putting into proper perspective the hype and nonsense that pervades their marketing.

One minor point -- those reading the article should be aware that in several places it incorrectly uses "V" to refer to "ohms," rather than the omega symbol or just the word "ohms" itself. Probably his word processor program taking liberties!

Regards,
-- Al