MSB BREAK IN PERIOD

My Analog DAC, Analog Power Base, Dual Transport power base and Universal Media Transport V is here.

Took me 3 hours to install.
playing continuously for about 3 hours.

first 20 minutes bass absent, slowly fleshing out , but not quite there yet.
sounds forward , resolution is excellent,slightly bright tops compared to my Wadia 521/571 .

what was your breakin period experience and how long till it settled?
regards
128x128alfa100
IMO, SS digital players should be left on overnight before any critical listening. Be a little patient.
My Esoteric SACD player took a couple of hundred hours to break in. My Wyred4Sound dac took about 100 hours. Patience is a virtue.
Hello you might use a BURNIN CD for best and faster achievement at least 2 or 3 days a week, after a month you should notice some improvement...
I have a older MSB Nelson DAC and I remember it took at least 100 hours for the stuff to break in. Sounds better after 50hrs. Then really opens up later on :-)
thank you all.
I was a little anxious but settling with now that the kit is breaking and sounding better after 30 hours.

I am certain 200 hours will do .
TEAC CD3000 easily took 300+ hours for bass to come in. Used the XLO burn in CD during the process.

Schiit Gungnir DAC on the other hand was very rolled off initially...took a while (100+ hrs??) for the highs to come in on that.

I do leave TEAC and Gungnir powered up 24/7.

Good luck, Alfa.
80 hours and sounding great.
sounds like it is 100% done.
wonder if it can get better.
btw the MSB Analog and UMT V transport is wonderful.
detail, transparency, timber,etc etc etc and no harshness.
You ain't heard nothing yet at 80 hrs. The thing about burn-in is that just when you think you are 100% there, then something magical happens at 100 hrs, then 150, then 200 and you keep wondering when the goodies are going to stop coming. They don't stop until they do. You may have to wait and see or hear. I have been caught out many times, albeit in a very pleasant way, with every component from source to speaker that I have ever owned. But I would say 200 hrs is the bare minimum.
Happy waiting and happy listening.
J. :)
"You ain't heard nothing yet at 80 hrs. The thing about burn-in is that just when you think you are 100% there, then something magical happens at 100 hrs, then 150, then 200 and you keep wondering when the goodies are going to stop coming."

That's funny. You'd never make me believe that.
improving by the day. I am around 150 hours and delighted that it is way way better than at 80 hours.
the jump from 140 hours to 150 hours was astonishing.
coherent across the frequency spectrum and laid back.
sounding natural and non fatiguing now.
no turning back.
believe it Norton.
You "break-in" yourself, not the unit. When something does not meet the hopes, expectations but it was expensive, the story of break in pops up. The hope, that the worse turns to good.
A done right unit sounds good right from the start.
Hi Syntax
I honestly heard the changes described.
I am listening at the moment and can clearly hear the difference. I make notes and the sound is definitely nowhere close to the first 20 minutes or the first 40 hours.

If I am unhappy with equipment that does not sound like the demo unit I do not hesitate to return after break in period. I do not need to break myself in.
best wishes.
btw you have a great system
249 hours have passed.
I'm happy.

I conclude that the MSB kit requires at least 180 hours for breaking in and extreme patience.

therafter just enjoy the music.

mission accomplished !