laptop to DAC wireless ... what's the best way?

So what is the best way or at least my options for going from my laptop wirelessly to an external DAC?

Please note that my DAC is limited to USB input.

How come you can't use a USB out on a wireless hub?
scutterflux
I'm pretty sure you can do it with an Apple Air Port Express. Works with PC as well as MAC.
Unfortunately, the USB port on the Airport Express does not output sound. It only works with USB printers. The 3.5-mm audio/optical jack is the only way to get sound out of he Airport Express.
You can find AE's for ~$30 used. Depending on what DAC you currently own, it might be less expensive to buy an AE and replace your DAC.

Or check out the "NAD DAC 1 Wireless USB Digital-to-Analogue Converter".
There are a lot of options, but the performance is all over the map:

AirPort Express - toslink out
Squeezebox 2,3, Duet and Touch - no longer in production
Sonos

The easiest to use is probably Sonos, but it sounds really bad without reclocking. Go to sonos.com for a demo. Probably the most popular world-wide.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
If audio only I like the Squeezebox Touch, but beware that USB connectivity is not officially supported and pretty much only DACs that adhere to the USB audio specification will work. In my main system I use a Mac Mini to get video and more flexibility, plus options for playback software, which absolutely makes a difference in sound quality.
Mac Mini > Meicord ethernet > Airport Extreme or Time Machine wireless > Squeezebox Touch with USB converted to output > Your DAC
The NAD Dac 1 looks interesting, especially given it's price point. Much cheaper than the similar Audioengine unit. Does anyone have any experience with it? The few user reviews I was able to find indicate some interference with standard wi-fi. The DAC itself supports hi-res formats, but is that true with the wireless?
Wireless is currently 44.1, except for SB Touch which does 96.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
"Wireless is currently 44.1, except for SB Touch which does 96."

Even the Audioengine D2? Quote from their website:
"The D2 processes digital audio at any bit depth up to 24 bits and sample rates to 192KHz, then sends your music over-the-air at 24/96."
THe Playgo is very cool. Nice aesthetics and USB digital out on the receiver as well that could be used to feed a different preferred DAC.

ANyone have any listening mileage with the Playgo?

I'm thinking of trying a wireless DAC like this perhaps with my AMazon Fire TV box that is in the same room as my BIG OHM F5s. They connect to my system in an adjacent room via in-wall speaker wiring. Wirless DAC connection might be nice in there and provide an option to my current wireless Squeezebox system setup.