My analog tuner drifts off the station

I have a nice Kenwood KT 615 tuner that I bought off a technician who had cleaned it up and replaced the caps. It works well and sounds great but it loses stations pretty quickly, usually within about 10-15 minutes. This happens for both strong and weak signals and I have tried all combinations of the filter and selectivity buttons with no apparent improvement.

Is there anything that can be done about this or do I need to get a digital tuner that locks on the station?
jrb25
Look for a button on the front panel that says "PLL" (phase locked loop). FM naturally drifts out-of-tune so the PLL curcuit was developed to correct this.
Hope this helps...
Your analog tuner drifts off the station???

Is that audiospeak for "one beer short of a six-pack"?
Do you have a good antenna connected to your tuner? At least a decent dipole. Check the connections and experiment with orientation to get the strongest signal. Also, when you got the caps replaced, did the tech "properly" align the tuner? This alignment is very important for keeping the channel locked in.
My Kenwood tuner is at Stereo Surgeons in E. Hartford, CT. right now. He came with the highest recommendations. Give him a call and see what he suggests.