Music for the gym

What kind of music do you listen to at the gym? I find that my routine gym playlist has artists like Nickelback and Vertical Horizon, along with selections from the Top Gun and Karate Kid album. And as much as it pains me to admit it, Eminem's Lose Yourself really helps to pump me up.

Any other suggestions for music to get you motivated?

Michael
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xsufentanil
I don't have a specific playlist for the gym.Whatever I like listening at home,I burn it on cd-r ,usually a compilation of favorites and take it at the gym.I only spend about 1.5 to 2 hours anyway so I just repeat the same disk.After about two weeks I will swich to another disk of different music.Lately I am listening to 60's garage bands rock,English and some favorite Greek of that era.
I am more into heavy weights and not much cardio(where music is more at need,I think) although I usually finish my workout with a 20 minute treadmill fast walk.
Best regards
George
If you are using an iPod (who isn't these days it seems) there is a free subscription called pod runner. Most tracks are about 1 hour mixes of techno dance style. Each is mixed at a specific BPM. Highly compressed (so don't expect much in the way of fidelity here--but at the gym I don't really care). It's great for aerobic work outs.
Carcass 'symphonies of sickness'
Morbid angel 'blessed are the sick'
Pungent Stench 'club mondo bizarrw'
suffocation 'pierce from within'
napalm death 'scum'
terrorizer 'world downfall'
deicide 'legion'

this is some serious pound shedder music dude. not for the faint of heart.... :)
Wow, Proghead, I'd never heard of any of the bands you mentioned, but their names all evoke rather dark imagery.

I listened to some sample clips of Morbid Angel from Amazon.com. I guess it's just not my cup of tea for listening at the gym. Sounded kind of like Java the Hut singing heavy metal.

I'm afraid to even try some of the other suggestions.

Michael