Pictures, More Pictures

I've got two ads running right now. Both have pictures and both have good descriptions. There have been many contacts but no questions other than "will you ship to Europe?".
There have been several contacts, however, requesting more pictures.
What gives? Are these people assembling scrapbooks?
macrojack
Gotta agree with just about everyone else here, a shot of the back panel makes a difference. I've bought a few used pieces in that price range, which is a fairly big stretch for me, so so good shots of all sides really helps ease the apprehension - a lot.

It also helps protect the buyer, and give them some recourse, in case the item shows up with dents/scratches that weren't present in the pictures.
I purchased a pair of speakers here once in which the ad contained pictures of all sides of the speakers except one side was left out of the pictures. Guess which side was damaged when they arrived. Now I include pictures of all sides with my ads and I expect the same when buying.
I would also point out that when you upload pictures to Audiogon they do get compressed, so a certain amount of detail is lost. So for me that is another reason I'd sometimes like to see additional photos if I'm buying. And since transmitting "bits" via email is essentially "free", I always offer to send additinal hi-rez photos in my ads.
It's a form of 'window shopping'. You can not understand it, but it's how most folks shop. You can simply reply "No", to those looking for more photos, that's your choice. It's debatable how that will affect your sales. It may chase some buyers away, but again, that's your perogative.

Cheers,
John