Is there such a thing as audiophile parametric eq?

My listening room is of awful dimensions (close to 1 x 2 x 4) and I've used treatments and bass traps to get the imaging and bass response to be very good. Yet there are some frequencies especially in the mid-bass that are very loud compared to everything else. I was considering buying a Behringer DEQ2496 after hearing rave reviews of what it can do in a home listening environment. Then I found out that the SPDIF I/O is optical and that threw a wrench into that plan. What I need is either a very good digital eq that uses RCA SPDIF or a very good analog PEQ. Any suggestions?
jlambrick
Why does it seem like using an EQ is like blasphemy to most audiophiles. I have heard a good friends mega buck system sound amazing with a TACT (modded). I also heard a reasonably impressive demo of the lyngdorf at RMAF.
Bflowers...Back in the 1950s when I became interested in audio, equalizers and tone control circuits were lousy, and audiophiles were right to avoid them. But the circuits that have been used for the last couple of decades do not have significant problems. However, it takes a long time to live down a bad reputation, and avoiding equalizers is an article of the audiophile religion. (You used the right word..."blasphemy").
I agree with the notion that no eq is the best eq. Even though we sell the PARC I'ld rather have a room that didn't need it, but that's not always possible If you need an eq, it's far better to add that into the circuit than let the room dictate what your sound is going to be like (particularly in the low end). The topology we use is straight out of API mixing boards. These guys make 1/2 million dollar all analog boards--considered the best in the recording industry. Chances are many of your recordings have this circuitry and much more on the recording end of things. So why not use it on playback if you need it? It absolutely beats the alternative.