Is there such a thing as audiophile parametric eq?

My listening room is of awful dimensions (close to 1 x 2 x 4) and I've used treatments and bass traps to get the imaging and bass response to be very good. Yet there are some frequencies especially in the mid-bass that are very loud compared to everything else. I was considering buying a Behringer DEQ2496 after hearing rave reviews of what it can do in a home listening environment. Then I found out that the SPDIF I/O is optical and that threw a wrench into that plan. What I need is either a very good digital eq that uses RCA SPDIF or a very good analog PEQ. Any suggestions?
jlambrick
Shadorne, I'm not absolutely sure what the frequencies are. I think there's a kind of large peak around 200 Hz. I've built bass traps that make the lower bass quite consistent around the room. My speakers are Infinity Preludes that I've separated the subwoofer from the full range tower to give greater placement flexibility and I've positioned them as best I can for a good presentation of depth and also working around the limitations of this being a home theater as well. Are my peaks the sort of thing that should respond well to repositioning withing a foot or so of where they are now? Are there other acoustic treatments that I could use?

Thanks
Jlambrick...You say "I'm not absolutely sure what the frequencies are". All the more reason to get that Behringer. Its spectrum analyser (also called Real Time Analyzer, RTA) will show you what your problem is. No matter how you fix the problem, room treatment, equalizer, build a new room, understanding the problem is the first step. And, although equalization has theoretical faults, as Shadorne points out, in practice the benefits sometimes outweigh them.
So I say... get the Behringer as a spectrum analyser. Then see what equalization does for you. Trust your ears.
Yes if you love music that runs through one it is an audiophile's parametric equalizer. There simply aren't any rules in this hobby. No standards commision demanding that if something is to be granted the name audiophile it must meet the following criteria. For that matter anything that makes music that the listener loves is by definition audiophile. I don't agree with them much of time but its their party. I am not the sole arbiter of good vs bad. Is anybody's opinion better than someone else's who listens to music?
The best wine in the world is the wine you like best.
Listen to Eldartford. Excellent information and he is right on. You can spend a lot more and get less.
I've read very good reviews about the Behringer DEQ2496 and decided to buy one. When I attempted to buy the DEQ2496 from a Pro Audio Shop retailer (Sydney, Australia) he advised me against it as he has had many returned for repair. Beccause of the DEQ2496's unreliability he has decided not to stock them any more. This wasn't a ploy by the retailer for me to buy another model, as he had nothing else to offer in one box that the DEQ2496 provides. The situation may be different on your side of world.

It seems from my research the Tact and Rives provide a very good but more expensive solution.