DIY Rack

Well, after long searches and racks that just cost too much in my mind, I've decided to go the DIY route.

I've got products sourced for every part of the rack so far except the contact between the floor and the rack. Ideally I want some type of adjustable spike so I can level the rack off on my generally uneven floors. This has been hrder to find than I thought. Any suggestions?

Sorry I can't be more specific about what is I am looking for, its the type of thing that I'll know when I see it.

So any direction the good folks here can lead me will be much appreciated. Oh and any suggestions for DIY materials in general would be fantastic.

Cheers,
peter
mariasplunge
I like Aball's rack. I'm looking into one but intend to glue the MDF boards for double thickness.
Take a look at this thread. It is dedicated to DIY racks and stands. You should be able to get some good info here:

http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=24055
I just finished my stand this week. Haven't got everything set up yet but am pleased with the way it came out. Legs are solid Purpleheart and the rest is solid Qtr Swn Sapele (to match my Hales Rev 3 speakers). Have adjustable spikes for leveling and is extremely sturdy. Was a blast to make and not too expensive.

http://www.pbase.com/brandonrowe/audio_system

Brandon
Beautiful looking and (seemingly) simple to make. Great job Brandon!

What kind of joinery did you use to attach the rails to the legs?

Chris
Thanks Chris. It was fairly simple to make. I attached the rails to the legs by the lazy man's mortise and tenon. :-) Used the drill press and connected with 1" hardwood dowels. Very strong joint without the headache of cutting the M&T. Plus, my stock of 8/4 Sapele was limited at the time. However I did purchase some more 8/4 Qtr Swn Sapele yesterday for my next project. Going to make speaker platforms from the Sapele and then make some isolation blocks (to go between the speakers and the platform) out of some Ebony stock I have.

I'm really having fun with this 2-channel setup. It's my first so that makes it even more enjoyable.

Later,

Brandon