why don't they get it?

Please tell me why woman or at least most don't get it when it comes to good audio gear. I was in a Florida thrift not to long ago with girlfriend when I spotted a Kenwood 8300 tuner in absolute mint condition for the asking price of 20bucks, so of course I did the the sane thing I plugged it in when everything seemed kosher I happliy made my purchase. Now all the while she can't believe that I am interested in this old and according to her, an ugly archaic hunk of junk,now all the time I am trying to educate her about good quality equiptment that was built at a time when pride and and sound prodution was an important factor. But of course nothing I could say would change her mind if it doesn't have a blue light around the volume knob and volume control she is not interested. I guess it must be the female mind.
schipo
Understand this now, and your life will be much simpler:

You never will understand, so don't bother trying. It will only upset you further, and annoy the female.

Learn to chuckle, and say "yes dear, it sure is ugly". Of course you still buy it anyway, but just agree with her. If she insists on pursuing the issue, show her the beautiful $6000 tuner that you REALLY wanted. She then be thrilled that you're happy with your $20 tuner, and it will look better to her as well.

John
Ya shoulda seen my wife's face when took our first vacation together:

Her: "How many pairs of shoes are you packing?"

Me: "Both"
You need to compromise. Replace the bulbs with some blue led's like she likes. Come on big guy whatcha thinking?