Best audio cabinet for people with pets

I recently acquired a cat (wasn't really planning on this but this cat was a stray and is very friendly) and have decided to just keep her claws trimmed rather then have her declawed. I'm looking for recommendations for a cabinet to put my equipment in so the cat won't bother them. As for my speakers I've been putting a big piece of cardboard in front of the grill cloth at night and am looking for ways to protect them also. Would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks, Bob
bobgates
Take care when aiming the squirt gun. Wouldn't want to damage any electronics.
I installed French style louvered doors at the entrance to our living room a few years back -- more for privacy than pet deterrent. My wife liked the look and they provided some soundproofing when others were watching tv in the family room.
We also put aluminum foil around items such as plants the cat was fond of. He didn't like the feel or sound of it.
Thank goodness the cat only stuck around for a few months.
Post removed 
I sure enjoyed all of your comments about dealing with cats. She seems to be less interested in the stereo these days which is exactly what I want. Today I purchased two sets of folding louvered doors ($30 a set at Menards) to install at the entrance of the listening room, but then this is something I had wanted to do even before I aquired the cat. Thanks again everyone for all of your advice.
One of the critical things is to be careful what you do after you discourage the cat. If the cat is rewarded afterward, the cat may see this as part of a ritual that it has to go through - e.g. If I scratch the equipment, then I get sprayed, then the food comes!
Thanks for your advice Riffer - just finished installing the folding louvered doors to the listening room; the cat has noticed that the room has been closed off but doesn't seem too concerned. Still may pursue getting a more pet-proof equipment cabinet; Walmart has a nice looking one made by "Home Trends" that looks very nice for around $150.