Best audio cabinet for people with pets

I recently acquired a cat (wasn't really planning on this but this cat was a stray and is very friendly) and have decided to just keep her claws trimmed rather then have her declawed. I'm looking for recommendations for a cabinet to put my equipment in so the cat won't bother them. As for my speakers I've been putting a big piece of cardboard in front of the grill cloth at night and am looking for ways to protect them also. Would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks, Bob
bobgates
Well I think I might have a solution; I will install folding doors at the 61" wide by 80" high opening to the listening room and keep them closed when I'm not around to watch the cat; will check Lowes and some of the other stores tomorrow. I had an appointment last week to have the cat's front claws removed but after reading about the procedure on the internet decided not to go through with it. Thanks everyone for your thoughts.
Bob,

Are you for real?? Removable doors 5' wide??

First, don't hit the cat, it won't bring about the change you want, if you want to deter them, get a good water pistol, few squirts, they learn quick, if you find it doesn't work, tape (scotch, packing etc) over clothe removal all the fun for cats scratching fabric. This has saved me many a cuch from the cats, and of note, they usually only like the angled parts, corners and such, so the tape lkely will not in any way affect the sound of your speakers, as for the components, anything with doors will be nearly 100%, for me my two cats don't go near the gear, so it's not an issues....

Now if I could assure the Great Dane wouldn't knock over speakers....

KT
Kennyt - I wasn't planning to hit the cat; haven't done it yet anyhow. My son had a cat a few years ago when he lived in Phoenix and mentioned using a squirt gun. I'll give this a try and if that doesn't work I'll try the packing tape you mentioned. Thanks for your suggestions.
As an audiophile of 25 years and a "cat slave" now with 9 cats, I don't find cats to be a threat to equipment on open stands. Just protect the gear on the top shelf from cat hair and vomit, which may short out the piece.

Alan Hsu
Take care when aiming the squirt gun. Wouldn't want to damage any electronics.
I installed French style louvered doors at the entrance to our living room a few years back -- more for privacy than pet deterrent. My wife liked the look and they provided some soundproofing when others were watching tv in the family room.
We also put aluminum foil around items such as plants the cat was fond of. He didn't like the feel or sound of it.
Thank goodness the cat only stuck around for a few months.