Best audio cabinet for people with pets

I recently acquired a cat (wasn't really planning on this but this cat was a stray and is very friendly) and have decided to just keep her claws trimmed rather then have her declawed. I'm looking for recommendations for a cabinet to put my equipment in so the cat won't bother them. As for my speakers I've been putting a big piece of cardboard in front of the grill cloth at night and am looking for ways to protect them also. Would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks, Bob
bobgates
All cats are different. Watch it first to see if it bothers any gear. I have one that doesn't scratch anything, stays away from all my equipment, and just sleeps all day, and all I night, I think..
Thank you all for your suggestions; I will definately check out the Salamander cabinets, cat repellent strips and gentle ways to disipline the animal. I just purchased two Evenflo "Position & Lock Plus Gate" at Walmart and will put them in front of the entrance to the listening room; they are only 49" high but I'm hoping the cat can't jump over them.
Any aftermarket tube cages for the Cary 300SEI to protect from 100lb. dogs with tails like baseball bats???

Please don't ask ;^(
Don't declaw whatever you do...cats can get killed by dogs if they are declawed.

Simply keep the pet out of this room when it is unsupervised.
I don't let our dogs in the room with my equipment, It would be a hazard for the dogs and risk damaging the expensive equipment.