A series of underperforming setups...Solution?

I've had some quality electronics: Started with Marsh seperates, Shunyata Hydra PC, had Def Tech BP 7000 speakers, Jolida JD 100 tried Simaudio Nova moved on to McIntosh 6900 integrated then, Plinius 9200 integrated; had Talon Raven speakers briefly, moved on to NAD M3 integrated had, all Acoustic Zen cabling, Modwright Sony 999ES, Von Schweikert VR4JR speakers, Now have the DK Signature integrated and Reimer Wind River GS speakers. The one constant has been that each of my systems has underperformed top to bottom- in my opinion. Bass has been a big disappointment too. My room is a rectangular family room over a concrete floor 11 by 20 by 8 with speakers on one of the short walls about 1 foot from the front wall and 6 feet apart- room is filled with furniture. 2 couches plus fish tanks toy chest etc. Because my setup is in the family room, I have no options for differnt speaker placement. We've had various power issues in the area over the last 2 years and I plan to get dedicated lines. Do you think dedicated lines are the key to most of my performace issues? Thanks
foster_9
I agree with Goatwuss, go for the Rives assessment. Far too many audiophiles underestimate the impact of room acoustics and overestimate the impact of lateral equipment changes. Know your room acoustics first to optimize your sound; the room has the greatest influence on the sound that reaches your ears.
The driverack 260 (or its older prior model Driverack Studio (not PA) is superior to the Behringer Ultracurve in that it has less noise and sounds better overall. It can be had used on ebay for around $350 but costs close to $1000 retail.
I would agree with getting a DEQ and trying it out. I had a big null around 80hz-100hz and it was sucking all of the bass out of my system. Everything sounded lifeless and there was no punch. Once I heard my system (room) corrected, there was no going back. I started with the Behringer, but have since moved up to a TacT. You won't believe how good everything else sounds once you have corrected for the room.