PS Audio Noise Harvester

Hi,

I just ordered a PS Audio Noise Harvester and I would like to know people's experince with the PS Audio Noise Harvester and the improvement in sound. Does it work also with a 220V system?

Thanks!

Thierry
vongphat
I have two dedicated lines for the system and I believe the analog is separated from the digital at this time but I'll have to check. I have a Foundation Research PC/conditioner on the CDP but that's all. Rest of the system does use aftermarket PCs but no conditioning. I have one Harvester on one of the dedicated lines and the other two on outlets on a non-dedicated circuit in the same room, which my subwoofer is also on. All of the Harvesters blink identically when they blink, and as far as I can tell, it is only when I have a light dimmer engaged. They blink more rapidly the more the dimmer is engaged, which makes sense. There are lights in that same room (but on a different circuit) that have dimmers and well as dimmers in other rooms, which may or may not be on the same circuit as some of the Harvesters (I can figure that out, but don't know offhand.)

Interestingly, I have never noticed the dimmers affecting the sound of my system. It's possible they do and I just haven't noticed, and I can sometimes hear the noise the lights emit when dimmed, but otherwise no.

I can feel your mind working, Sean. What are you thinking?
Thanks for the quick response Drubin.

I asked about your AC system / dedicated lines / aftermarket PC's, the placement of your Harvester's, the use of PLC's, etc... for specific reasons. I was trying to determine not only the effectiveness of the Harvester, but also how effective your dedicated lines, PC's, and PLC's were.

Out of curiosity, is the Harvester that is placed on one of your dedicated lines tied into the same circuit as your Foundation Research PLC or is it on the other circuit? Sean
>
Hi Willster:

Thanks for your post. While I heard calmer HF I did actually here more and better HF that was not simply rolled off in any way to my ear. In one of my reference recordings a soprano background vocal that is not close mic'd is easier to hear overall and the highest range of her voice is more present. Cymbals and other things HF are easier to hear and more accurate and have more of their highest harmonics audible. Whatever the Harvesters are doing is fine with me.

ET
Drubin: It would appear that your combo of gear / power cords / AC system seems to be working quite well for you. That is, at least in terms of the purity of incoming AC signal AND in having selected gear that has a low level of self generated internal noise from within the components themselves. This shows competency in design of the power supply and / or power cords, which hopefully carried over into other parts of the circuitry too : ) Sean
>