Isoclean fuses: definitely worth it

I just installed Isoclean fuses in my Naim CD5x and Nait5i. I sort of felt like I was going to the fringe by installing these but keep in mind they are right in the AC path so it made sense to me after installing a dedicated line and an "audiophile grade" AC receptacle.

I tried Buss ceramic fuses beforehand and they were just slightly better than stock.

The Isocleans, however, definitely provided a noticeable improvement over stock or Buss ceramics. In a nutshell: smoother treble, a touch more overall resolution (especially in the mids and treble) and elimination of a bit of grain and veiling. Polarity does matter. I checked a few times to verify but arrow down for my equipment was more natural (less bright) than arrow up. You may prefer the other polarity, of course. Note that they didn't affect rhythm as many products do (especially a lot of isolation devices) nor did they add any brightness (at least in the polarity I prefer).

They're not cheap for what they are ($25 per fuse) but the improvement was definitely worth $50 total investment to me.
greg7
Bob Bundus: You'll be glad to know that there is hope after all. My Brother is currently in school via the local electrician's union. In class, his instructor asked the class to vote whether fuses or circuit breakers were superior. My Brother and one other guy voted for fuses with the rest of the "electricians to be" voting for breakers. The instructor went onto explain how fuses were superior to breakers in every respect, except one. That one exception? Convenience : )

After discussing that, my Brother brought up wire geometries to the instructor. In the long run, my Brother ended up explaining the benefits of various wiring configuration to not only the class, but to the instructor also. The instructor had him bring in some wiring as an example.

This worked out well for the class, as they will now be better versed in dealing with various types of installations and wiring products that can benefit A/V enthusiasts and their dedicated installations. It also worked out good for the instructor, as he wasn't familiar with the various designs and ended up learning quite a bit himself !!! Hopefully, he'll keep passing on what he learned to future generations of electricians : ) Sean
>
Greeni, I find no evidence that HiFi Tuning fuses won across the board, if fact the reviews have been all IsoClean and there certainly is no evidence that IsoClean marks up their products more than HiFi Tuning.
Pretty soon Isoclean fuses will be sold in delis & bodegas. A salami on rye & an Isoclean coming right up.
Sean you've always known me as a big fan of fuses, not only for their superior protection qualities but also for their sonic characteristics. Apparently not everyone understands nor agrees with the fact the fuses can actually impart a sonic signature of their own and that ceramic cased designs sound absolutely superior in my experience.

Regarding the concept of power flow in a circuit, let's call it ENERGY instead so that any (nonregistered posters who can't spell correctly) aren't getting all hung up on semantics. Unless you're dealing with a significant impedance mismatch between source to load, the power, or energy, or ishkabibble (call it whatever you will) only goes one way. That is my own (partial) interpretation of the reason why signal (energy) flow direction is a contributing factor in regard to sonic signature, whether it be via a transmission cable, or a fuse, or whatever device. If my semantics may confuse, then call it what you will - the theory or concept remains clear to me because I've certainly heard it myself, and whatever (directionality) mechanism is in play is certainly valid regardless of whatever the textbooks might say.

And thanks to the likes of yourself & your bro, hope for the unwashed masses thrives anew. Bravo!