Where to buy MDF board?

Thinking about building a rack (as I have not been able to find any in the $500 range) and don't know where you can buy MDF board. Any suggestions would be appreciated as well as suggestions for any other kind of material, thanks, Richard
rspark
Peter_s hi
If you mean MDF pieces cut to size and drilled at each corner for threaded rod installation,like Salamander Archetype,then I've been there and done that.The thing is wobbly and unstable!!!Wasted my time and material and did not use cheap MDF but 3/4 oak veneered plywood with oak edging.Looks OK intentical to the Salamander but not stable AT ALL.
My rack is made of commercial heavy gauge aluminum tubing with 3/16 thick walls.It is massive ,heavy like an elephant,if I decide to fill it up with sand it will probably be close to a ton.All hardware is stainless steel and brass.Non magnetic desighn.All connections are mechanical and not welded which is unreliable on aluminum material.All left to do is send it out for anodizing finish
Best
George
With respect to my not trying to make a stand because of lack of know-how, I certainly think I could manage it (my other hobby is building rustic furniture). But sounds like the efforts may be offset by the possibility of building a wobbily rack. Still looking for a possible rack to buy...could afford a critical mass rack but really do not want to invest in the platforms that sound like an integral part of that design. Am still uncertain and would welcome suggestions.
most lumber yard stores will sell mdf. you will need 3/4 inch think at minimum. thicker is better.

you will need some hardware. four threaded rods and nuts.

i built one. it weighed over 50 pounds.

it is more cost effective than buying one.
George, I built one with mdf as Mrtennis and also built a similar unit but used Pennsylvania slate. Shouldn't be wobbly if you tighten the nuts.
I would guess that if you can buy threaded nuts that flange out to a large diameter, you would not have problems with stability. Using large fender washers might also provide some advantage, but not as much advantage as flanged nuts.