Where to buy MDF board?

Thinking about building a rack (as I have not been able to find any in the $500 range) and don't know where you can buy MDF board. Any suggestions would be appreciated as well as suggestions for any other kind of material, thanks, Richard
rspark
Rspark, You couldn't find a website for Rainwater Audio because there is isn't one. But here's the phone number: 843-665-6113.
Thanks for all your suggestions. I left a message with Rainwater Audio to find out what their prices are (found their website-criticalmasssystems.com). But people seem please with the Sanus euro--but I don't think the tubes are fillable with sand or lead shot. Any other experience with the Sanus sand would be appreciated, Thanks, Richard
Hi Richard ,I am the only current dealer for Critical Mass and my website is under construction . I sent you a pm. Thanks Brent . Rainwater Audio
Rspark, Currently, my equipment is on three Sanus Euro racks. Filling the metal rack posts with sand and then screwing them together is a pain in the neck, but doable. That reduces the resonance problem in the posts. HOWEVER, the MDF shelves in the Euro are very resonant and ring like mad (even with the sand-filled posts). That in turn excites the ringing in some of the components resting on those shelves. The ringing can be easily heard by simply tapping the shelf with your knuckles. So, I've been looking for better racks. Most high-end racks are very expensive and are out of my price range. The Critical Mass rack appears to be an excellent value. Their bases are more expensive and come in three price points. To my way of thinking (and my budget), if I buy the Critical Mass rack instead of the mega-buck rack, I could take the money I saved and put it towards the Critical Mass bases. From what I hear these bases are truly outstanding. I'm in the process of finalizing my order for three Critical Mass bases with Brent Rainwater.
Peter_s hi
If you mean MDF pieces cut to size and drilled at each corner for threaded rod installation,like Salamander Archetype,then I've been there and done that.The thing is wobbly and unstable!!!Wasted my time and material and did not use cheap MDF but 3/4 oak veneered plywood with oak edging.Looks OK intentical to the Salamander but not stable AT ALL.
My rack is made of commercial heavy gauge aluminum tubing with 3/16 thick walls.It is massive ,heavy like an elephant,if I decide to fill it up with sand it will probably be close to a ton.All hardware is stainless steel and brass.Non magnetic desighn.All connections are mechanical and not welded which is unreliable on aluminum material.All left to do is send it out for anodizing finish
Best
George